As a parent, we know our kids have a bounty of crayons (that are usually laying all over the house). When the crayons get to a stubble where are kids refuse to use them or even the colors that they won’t use because they aren’t “pretty enough”, I suggest doing this.
1. Take your crayons and chop them up into small pieces in a bowl. Mix up the colors good!
2. Fill them into a silicone mold until the are just to the rim. Do not overfill! (easy to get out and won’t stick to the mold!)
3. Put your oven to 230* for about 15 minutes until the wax melts.
4. Take them out of your oven and let them cool completely so they can set (usually about an hour). If you don’t allow them to cool all the way, you’ll have a huge mess on your hands!
5. Carefully take the crayons out and Wa-La! Perfect (whatever) shaped crayons! Enjoy!
This idea can be used for any time of the year! It’s also a great way to recycle your crayons to make sure you get a whole use of them. Your kids will be amazed by the different shapes you can make, they don’t have to just be hearts! You can do stars, and I’ve even seen molds of ponies! (great for those My little Pony lovers!)